The inspiration for today's message, "Make Your Life Spectacular", comes from a variety of sources. In thinking of a reflection, the following quote come to
mind from the iconic American football coach Lou Holtz.

“This is the beginning of a new day. God has given me
this day to use as I will. I can waste it or use it for good. But what I do
today is important because I'm exchanging a day of my life for it. I know I
shall not regret the price I have paid for it because the future is just a
whole string of now's!”
I also came upon a beautiful yet poignant reflection called “While
We Wait in Line” while illustrates why we need to live to celebrate life
with a sense of intentionality.
We need to be reminded in different ways
of how vital a positive soul and thankful heart can be in our lives.
Though we may be faced with some challenging moments, we need to be in awe of
God’s grace with the wonderful world that He created with us in mind!
This calls us to be present in our lives and celebrate what we
have in the present. This is especially true as we especially as we
reflect and show gratitude for those things (particularly people) in our lives
that matter most – I always call them my “Big Rocks”! The following is
some advice from a pillar in my life . . . (from my Grandmother who
passed away in 2010 at the age of 97) that guides me on my day-to day
living:
“Do not dwell on the difficulty that surrounds us in life
or sadness which surrounds change or even a goodbye . . . but rather honour, embrace
and celebrate what we have in life as well as the gifts of those around us and
their contributions while they are in your midst.”
Embedded in the presentation are links to the videos shared.
The first video “Why You Should Make Your Life Spectacular” reminds us
that we are blessed and not take anything in our lives for granted – especially
those important things! The second is an uplifting song entitled “Living In
the Moment” by Jason Mraz which has that ability to put a smile on my face
and bounce in my step no matter how my day starts out. This is followed by a "Prayer of Thanks for the Gift of Life". Find them below as
well for your convenience and enjoy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuPYIfcSz_Y
Why You Should Make Your Life Spectacular | Robin Williams
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoG-r34LokE
Living In the Moment (Lyrics) - Jason Mraz
Especially during these times, I encourage everyone to reflect and respond to what is truly important in life
and what you are thankful for through your actions and words . . . through the
gift that is yourself . . . and in the words of Robin Williams “Make your life
spectacular … I know I did!”
Blessings for a wonderful day!
PS . . .

No comments:
Post a Comment
Reader-generated content (comments, posts) remain at the discretion of the blog authors and CCSD. Please refer to the CCSD Social Media Rules of Engagement (on the CCSD intranet).